Wow, can you believe it’s been a whole year now since we first started Cuddly Octopus? When we started this project a year ago, we had no idea how it would turn out. Western dakimakura circles weren’t much of a thing and it was impossible for us to even say if we’d be alive a year later. However, thanks to all of your amazing support we’ve been growing steadily each month. It really comes down to all of you guys that we’re able to continually bring you new covers, so we honestly mean it when we say thank you!
So! For our one-year anniversary we have a number of new announcements. If you visited our web site in the past week, you may have noticed that it received a rather large overhaul! We added some new features and made numerous design changes to the site to highlight our products more beautifully.
Briefly, our biggest new feature is the ability to hide adult (R-18) products from the store if desired. On your first visit to the site, you’ll be asked if you would prefer to see adult products or hide them entirely. We’ll keep track of your decision and you can switch between viewing and hiding adult products by clicking the button in the top right hand corner. You can also now link to the all ages version of the site by appending ?sfw=1 to any Cuddly Octopus URL. While this change probably won’t impact many of you here, we are hoping it helps people who might not want to, or can’t legally, look at our adult products.
Otherwise, check out the website for the design changes! We’re not 100% done with the redesign and we expect there will be further changes in the coming months, but we’d love to hear all your feedback, suggestions, and/or bug reports!
Now, without further ado, let’s discuss this month’s updates!
When we started Cuddly Octopus, our first month’s update had two designs. Our next couple of months averaged about four designs. This month, for our first year anniversary, we are now updating the store with ten new designs!
- Marisa Kirisame (Touhou Project) by KyuriTizu
- Syrene (Original) by KyuriTizu
- Uni (Hyperdimension Neptunia) by Bean Sprout
- Jibril (No Game No Life) by shuffle
- Kanan Matsuura (Love Live!! Sunshine!) by Cleanline
- Hachikuji Mayoi (Monogatari Series) by Krosa
- Miyu Edelfelt (Fate Series) by Kuromomo
- Tohru (Miss Kobayashi’s Maid Dragon) by Ultramarine
- Youmu Konpaku (Touhou Project) by Ninamo
- Satania (Gabriel Dropout) by Nyatrix
Disclaimer: The lines and octopodes on the sample images are a watermark and won’t be on the printed cover.
As usual, you can purchase all of our designs from our storefront.
Additionally, we have many upcoming projects. Here’s a short taste of what to expect in the coming months…
- KyuriTizu is working on Tiki (Fire Emblem) – Sketchie and Emperor Penguin (Kemono Friends)
- Bean Sprout is working on an original Nekomimi Character
- Cleanline is working on Serval (Kemono Friends) – Sketchie
- Gedou is working on Tsukihi Araragi (Monogatari Series)
- shuffle is working on Bismarck (Kantai Collection)
- Tony is working on Red Ginger (Flower Knight Girl) – Sketchie and Shoebill (Kemono Friends)
- Mafuyu is working on Hikari (Interviews with Monster Girls) – Sketchie
As in the past, most of our new designs, along with our original Syrene 2016 design, will also be available for purchase at Sakura-Palace printed on premium P80 2-Way Roika material.
Well that wraps up our first anniversary update. Don’t forget to occasionally check the “News” section on our site as we will be updating it with new sketches as they become available!
Thanks again for all your support this past year, and hopefully your support for many more years to come.
– The Cuddly Octopus Team