Wow, can you believe Cuddly Octopus is two years old as of today!? As with each of our anniversary updates, we’re kind of amazed and humbled to see what you guys have helped our tiny little circle to become. So first things first, we want to truly thank each and every single one of you for your support of Cuddly Octopus over these past two years! We hope to continue forward for many anniversaries to come!
Onto our administrative announcements… as we mentioned in our February update, due to the rising cost of manufacturing our covers, our base price will be rising from $55 to $60 beginning this order period. This price increase only impacts payments in USD and not EUR, due to the way exchange rates have fluctuated since we set the pricing. We’re sorry we had to raise prices, but it’s what allows us to keep paying our artists to draw more designs!
With the bad news out of the way, we also wanted to announce that Cuddly Octopus is now expending into the wonderful world of tapestries! If you’ve been paying attention to our home page over the past year, you may have noticed that we’ve been changing the home page image to represent each season. Our initial offering of tapestries will be these four illustrations drawn by our very own KyuriTizu! Each of them is a Japanese-styled, B2-sized beautifully printed tapestry starting at $25/unit. For now, you won’t be able to find them publicly listed on the store, so look below for links to the item pages directly. We hope to expand our tapestry selection in the coming months and years, as well as adding a dedicated section for tapestry designs.
And for a limited time, we’ll also be offering a promotion where if you buy five or more covers (custom-prints not included), you’ll get your choice of tapestry added to your order for free! Just specify which design you’d like in the order notes field at checkout.
So with our April 2018 update, we are adding the following 8 dakimakura designs and 4 tapestry designs:
- Kisero & Syrene (Original) by KyuriTizu
- Miyu (Fate Series) by KyuriTizu
- Eldridge (Azur Lane) by shuffle
- Kisaragi (Azur Lane) by Nyatrix
- Scathacha (Granblue Fantasy) by Amo
- Coming Soon Illustrious (Azur Lane) by Tony Guisado
- Ichigo (DARLING in the FRANXX) by Masabodo
- Shalltear Bloodfallen (Overlord) by Helther
- Syrene – Summer 2017 by KyuriTizu | Store Link
- Syrene – Autumn 2017 by KyuriTizu | Store Link
- Syrene & Kisero – Winter 2017 by KyuriTizu | Store Link
- Syrene & Kisero – Spring 2018 by KyuriTizu | Store Link
Disclaimer: The lines and octopodes on the sample images are a watermark and won’t be on the printed cover.
You can also view all of the designs from our store in this Imgur album. And, of course, you can purchase all of our designs from our storefront!
The premium P80 2-Way Silkete versions of most covers will be available on Sakura-Palace.
As usual, we also have a lot of projects in the pipeline. Right now, we can announce the following work is currently in progress:
- KyuriTizu will draw Lucina (Fire Emblem)
- shuffle will draw Aoi Inuyama (Yuru Camp)
- Brora is still working on Anila (Granblue Fantasy)
- Nyatrix will draw Koneko (High School DxD)
- Tony Guisado will draw Enterprise (Azur Lane)
- Amo is drawing Jeanne (Granblue Fantasy)
As always, thank you for your continued support of Cuddly Octopus! We hope to see you all again for our third year anniversary!
– The Cuddly Octopus Team